Available until: 11th Dec 2018
Carshalton Beeches Baptist Free Church and Sutton Schools Work are working in partnership to employ a gifted, skilled and visionary person to help us grow and develop the existing youth and schools ministry in the church and schools of our local community.
· Are you passionate about seeing young people come to faith in Jesus?
· Do you have experience of working with young people in a church & school context?
· Can you lead a team of volunteers and communicate clearly?
· Are you creative, innovative and organised?
Then you may be the person we believe God is calling to work with us to build His kingdom in the lives of young people in Carshalton Beeches and the surrounding area.
For more information, application form, person specification, job description, profiles etc. please visit our website: www.beechesbaptist.org and/or contact Revd. Phil Hornsey: Telephone: 0798 464 9787 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE To grow the youth ministry of Carshalton Beeches Baptist Free Church and to reach out to young people in secondary schools with Sutton Schools Work. The post will initially be split into 16hrs per week church based youth work and 24hrs per week schools based schools work.
· Initial 2 year contract with the expectation that the position will become permanent
· This is a full-time position based on 40 hours per week initially split 16hrs church based and 24hrs schools based. This split will be reviewed regularly.
· There will be an initial probationary period of 6 months.
· The post will necessitate some evening and Saturday work along with various holiday season responsibilities (eg. Christmas services, weekends away, youth camps, etc…).
· A regular pattern of work will be established with the post holder and will include a minimum of one full day off each week.
· In circumstances where the hours worked are significantly above normal working hours reasonable time off in lieu will be granted.
· A maximum of 20 days holiday may be taken per annum plus bank holidays.
· The successful applicant will become a member of CBBFC, be expected to attend Sunday services and be a full part of the staff team of CBBFC and SSW.
There is an occupational requirement that this role be filled by a disciple of Jesus Christ. The job holder must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to legally work in the UK prior to appointment and for the entire duration of employment. The job holder is required to obtain and maintain satisfactory DBS enhanced clearance for the entire duration of employment. The successful applicant will be asked to provide two written references, one of which will be their current or most recent employer.
Annually | Full-time
Grantham, East Midlands
Annually | Full-time