Responsible for hosting of children’s parties including delivery of special activities, building relationship with families and overseeing the smooth running of all aspects of groups.
Reports to: Centre Manager
Salary: £17,290 PA (Full Time Equivalent - £9.50 per hour)
Hours of Work: Part-time, 25 hours per week including all day Saturday (10-6pm) and Sunday afternoon (12.30pm – 6.00pm). Mon-Fri hours flexible.
Normal Place of Work:
Hidden Treasure Discovery Centre (t/a The Hideaway)
Partington Shopping Centre M31 4EL
- Organise and run Christian and Bible themed song, craft and activity sessions for children aged 0-7 years.
- Supervision of the play and activity areas to ensure that children are playing safely and adhering to the ‘Rules of Play’, to include programmes, activities and events, explaining these to customers as required.
- Supervise other staff in running bespoke Christian themed sessions.
- Create, plan and running a rolling programme of children’s sessions that are centred around the ethos and beliefs of Hidden Treasure Discovery Centre and explaining Biblical truths in an engaging way for a wide range of children.
- Answer questions and share stories about their own, personal faith when asked by children and parents.
- Take a lead in developing themed mission weeks, special activities or events and ‘Discovery Sundays’.
- Be the main point of contact for parties and group bookings, looking after all the needs of the customer and managing the smooth running of parties.
- Assisting with party admin and pre-planning in preparation for forthcoming party bookings.
- Taking responsibility for supervising the play staff/key holder responsibilities when no other playside Manager is present.
- Operating the computerised booking in system, recording customer’s
- details as they enter the soft play area, creating memberships and
- ensuring security of the area by only allowing access to those customers
- that have booked in.
- Responsibility for cash handling, operating the cash register and
- following the finance procedures as required.
- Monitoring usage levels to ensure they are within levels set and assist
- customers, adults and children, needing support.
- Responsibility for shared cleaning duties, ensuring areas are clean and
- at a high standard at all times.
- Undertake health and safety inspections and cleaning inspections as per
- the processes and procedures, reporting any faults to the Centre
- To undertake all duties in accordance with relevant Health & Safety
- legislation and in line with the values and ethos of the organisation
- To undertake training as required
- An enhanced DBS check may be required
An Occupational requirement exists for the post holder to be a practising Christian, in accordance with the Equality Act, 2010
Date: April 2019
Note – this Job Description does not form part of your Contract of Employment