Available until: 21st Jan 2020
If you are a committed Christian, experienced in working with children and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you! An opportunity has arisen in Sanderstead Parish to build and develop pastoral relationships with children and families. We are looking for someone with a passion for journeying with children and families and teaching them about the love of Christ, enabling them to grow in discipleship and become fully involved in the life of the Church.
This role is one in which you will grow our existing work with children and their families, in collaboration with volunteer activity leaders and spearhead new initiatives. Reporting to our Rector, Revd Canon Martin Greenfield, you will work within the Church and in the wider community, including local schools and other community groups.
We are looking for a strategically-minded collaborative leader who will co-ordinate, grow and sustain our children’s activities, developing positive pastoral relationships that enable parents and children to come to faith and play an active part in the church.
Existing opportunities, which we will expect you to oversee, include:
• Twice weekly morning Toddler groups, which currently attract 40+ families to each session;
• Weekly “JIGSAW” - a small but growing Sunday School during the 10am service;
• Weekly “DYNAMITE” - after-school activities for primary school children;
• Monthly FAMILY FUN - an hour of fun, creativity, Bible stories and songs for children and families;
• Special seasonal events, including a Children’s Holiday Club in August;
• Welcoming parents and preparing them for their children’s baptism. We have had the joy of baptising 25 children and 5 adults in the past 18 months;
• Links with Uniformed organisations (Scouts, Cubs, Beavers / Guides, Brownies, Rainbows);
In addition, we will want you to
- prepare, communicate, implement and maintain a clear vision and strategy to develop our work with children (with the Church Council);
- lead, inspire, support, and provide training and encouragement for teams of volunteer activity leaders;
- play a full part in the life and worship of the church community, providing regular communication to the wider church family and acting as an ambassador and advocate for the children and families in church and the community;
build on existing links with three local Primary Schools for even better relationships and opportunities such as taking Assemblies and occasional input into the RE Curriculum.
Preston, North West
Bromley & Bexley, London
Annually | Part-time
Newark, East Midlands
Pro-rata | Part-time