Available until: 21st Oct 2017
To lead Premier’s telephone fundraising team and ensure the charity delivers its organisational Fundraising objectives.
Our team of in house fundraisers is at the heart of everything Premier achieves. They’re bright, passionate people who care about bringing a strong Christian voice to the UK through media. We’re very proud of the work they do with our supporters and the quality of conversations they have.
You will be responsible for managing the team - supporting, developing and motivating the fundraisers to deliver financial and campaigning benefits to the charity whilst meeting the highest supporter care standards and maintaining compliancy with fundraising and data regulations.
Working closely with the Fundraising Management team you will facilitate the delivery of an excellent tele-fundraising function for the benefit of the whole organisation and ensure that communication remains strong and strategic.
The post holder will identify ways to improve performance and efficiency of the tele-marketing function and ensure the team operate according to high professional standards in respect of data protection and financial security.
SALARY: £28,000pa to £32,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
REPORTING TO: Fundraising Manager
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To lead a team of telephone fundraisers to deliver high standards of target driven fundraising and subscriptions. Consistently delivering a high professional standard and integrity, ensuring that Fundraising policies and supporter care standards are respected, Data Protection requirements followed and financial security maintained at all times.
• To lead on recruitment, appraising, training and development of the telemarketing representatives with the support of Team Leader roles
• To identify ways to improve performance and efficiency of the department.
• To understand and believe in Premier’s mission and be able to market the charity in the strongest and most compelling way, maximising on incentives and benefits offered by Premier.
• Translate campaign briefs into work plans for the team, including objective & target setting, cost per call quotations, scripts, team briefings, database requirements, timelines and deadlines.
• Work with Group Fundraising Manger and the Fundraising Management Team to plan and schedule the work of the tele-fundraising team within the wider FR Strategy.
• Reporting to and working closely with the Fundraising Manager on tele-fundraising performance on agreed KPIs which include campaign financial targets, individual performance indicators, level of calls and subscriptions achieved.
• To lead and work as part of the Fundraising Team.
• Work closely with their line reports to ensure smooth running and consistent high performance of the function.
• To work and liaise with other departments within Premier to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
• To be a positive and encouraging leader of the team, setting an example by productivity, attitude celebrating team achievements and encouraging team spirit and togetherness.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A post-graduate qualification or equivalent professional experience
• Five GCSE’s (grade C or above) or equivalent including English and Mathematics
• Significant experience within a target driven role in outbound tele-sales, tele-marketing or telephone fundraising
• Line management experience of 3+ years within a similar team structure
• Proven experience in team planning, implementing and organising strategy
• Proven experience of setting standards, monitoring and reporting on performance
• IT literacy in Microsoft Office, Myriad & Raiser’s Edge.
• Knowledge on Data Protection Act, Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice and other relevant legislation and regulation within Outbound tele-phone functions
• Knowledge of individual giving and telemarketing trends and developments
• Previous experience in FiveCRM or FLG would be desirable
ABILITIES & SKILLS
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Clear telephone manner and listening skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a team
• Be self-motivated, proactive and flexible
• Friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication
• Good at building relationships
• Energetic and have the ability to work in a busy, high pressured environment
• The post-holder will abide by the organisational Health and & Safety and Equal Opportunity Policy at all times
• The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims
Please click here to download the job description
Please click here to apply
Due to the number of application we received we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
Annually | Full-time
Ashington, South East
Annually | Full-time
Annually | Full-time