MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Post daily sales receipts on accounts system (credit card, cheque & BACS)
- Import sales invoices on a weekly basis
- Reconcile Sales Ledger Receipts Control account on a weekly basis.
- Proactively support sales team in chasing debtors
- Answer queries from sales team on payments as required
- Send statements on a monthly basis
- Pursue troublesome debtors and take legal action as required (this is not a large part of the role)
- Reconcile sales income in the accounts system (Exchequer) to the sales system
- Produce the monthly commission statements for the sales team.
- Scheduling Traffic advertising spots on Radios (one day per week + holiday & sickness cover for traffic manager). Full training will be provided.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- AAT or other accountancy qualification (accountancy trainee), or qualified by experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience of working in a Sales Ledger position or a position that includes sales ledger.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Must be organised and able to work under tight deadlines (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Experience in media or advertising industry, or experience of scheduling resources to match needs using a database, would be valuable.
- Good Excel and IT skills (a quick learner & user of three software packages). Training will be provided
- High level of commitment and dedication
- Committed to continuous professional development
- Liaising between Sales and Finance Departments
- Flexible attitude to work and a team
- Comfortable working in a diverse workplace and dynamic environment
SALARY: £20,000 - £24,000 pa (depending on skills & experience)
HOURS OF WORK: 9.15am – 5.15pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Management Accountant/ Financial Manager
CLOSING DATE: 6th March
To download the job description, click here.
To apply for this role, click here.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.