Available until: 22nd Sep 2018
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The purpose of this role is to oversee and direct all work relating to the processing, storage and accessing of customer and supporter data within Premier. The aim is to ensure that Premier can realise the maximum amount of value from this data.
• Ensure data is acquired, processed, stored and used in a manner compliant with all applicable data protection regulations.
• To advise other departments on how to acquire and use data in a legally compliant way.
• Manage, develop and motivate the database team of 9 people
• To be responsible the management of the fundraising, telemarketing, email, sales and content databases.
• By working with the Sales Manager, Director of Content, Director of Fundraising, Marketing Manager and Telemarketing Manager to ensure that the database team serves other departments fully.
• Working with the Data Analyst, to identify new approaches in the use of data that would increase the value of said data.
• To review existing database systems to assess suitability and where necessary source replacements, upgrades and extensions for these systems.
• By working with suppliers, developers and Premier staff to ensure that all databases communicate necessary information to each other with maximum automation.
• To ensure the impact on data of all new Premier projects is scoped and appropriate plans put in place.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
• At least 3 years previous experience in a similar role.
• Excellent understanding and experience of managin Raisers Edge (desirable). or other similar fundraising database system (essential).
• Knowledge and experience of Data Protection legislation and implementation.
• Good report writing skills (e.g. Crystal Reports/ OLE).
• Advanced skills in Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables).
• Understanding of web-based data formats e.g. json, xml.
• Have a high degree of accuracy and speed.
• Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems.
• Capable of dealing with time pressure and managing a heavy workload effectively.
• Good analytical and quantitative skills.
• Proven administration, multi-tasking, prioritising and organisational skills.
• Good oral and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work with clarity of thinking under pressure.
• A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication.
• A team worker.
• The post-holder should be able to work responsibly without close supervision and have a flexible approach.
• The post-holder will need to be well presented and dedicated.
• The post-holder will abide by the organisational Health & Safety and Equal Opportunity Policy at all times.
• The post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations and Ministries for most of the time, therefore it will be necessary to have respect and sympathy with the Christian faith and it’s values.
To apply for this role CLICK HERE.
*Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.
Guildford, South East
Annually | Part-time
Guildford, South East