You’ll have the opportunity to work in multiple databases and use your excellent Excel skills to help the wider database team streamline their procedures too. You’ll liaise closely with the Database Manager and Data Officer based in London, who will be your peers and co-problem solvers for any challenges that arise.
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am – 5:00pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Team Leader, Database and Administration
SALARY: £23,000pa - £25,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
- Importing gifts received from multiple sources into our fundraising Database, Raiser’s Edge. You will download and clean spreadsheets in Excel and use a series of V-Lookups to carefully identify existing donors prior to importing.
- Upload data into our Telemarketing Database for outbound calling and perform record updates as necessary.
- Download call outcome data from our Telemarketing Database and uses import templates to run updates in Raiser’s Edge such as address changes, updated consent, and results of the call (imports created by London database team).
- Help the Database and Administration team use databases and software (in particular Excel) in the most efficient way possible.
- Perform monthly reports and extractions in our Magazine database, Myriad. Update Raiser’s Edge with Myriad information and vice versa, ensuring both databases are kept up to date.
- Work closely with the Database Manager and Team Leader to help monitor and identify data entry errors.
- Support the team in grasping new or changed procedures established by the Database Manager (in London) and/or the Team Leader (in Crowborough).
- Respond to one-off requests and queries which might involve querying and compiling information from multiple databases.
- Appropriately delegate routine tasks for periods of absence (such as holidays) helping ensure deadlines are met and work continues as normal.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time, after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two years previous experience in a similar database role preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills and use of formulas to clean and prepare data files.
- Previous experience importing and exporting data from a CRM Database.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to learn new processes and systems quickly.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges and find solutions to problems.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven time-management and organisational skills.
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
To download the full job description, click here.
To apply for this role, click here.