Available until: 17th Jun 2019
To co-ordinate key operational functions which contribute to the running of Junction 42. This includes Finance, Income Management, Media, Impact Measurement, Communications, HR & Risk Management.
To apply for this role, download and complete our application form at https://www.junction42.org/vacancies. Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Develop a vision and strategy to increase the operational capacity of the organisation in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, IT, Impact Measurement, Communications, Media, Safeguarding and Volunteers.
· Increase operational capability and efficiency by both developing and implementing new IT systems, software, tooling, policy and processes.
· Ensure projects are sufficiently resourced so that they are equipped to deliver an effective and efficient service.
· Produce monthly operational reports for the Director, Board of Trustees and departmental heads.
· Management of the Operations team (Finance Manager, Finance Administrator, Media Coordinator, Operational administrator) working to identify priorities and ensuring that deadlines are met.
· Responsible for the size and capacity of the Operations team, recruiting in new staff to grow capacity where required.
· Oversight and coordination of Human Resources within consultation of our HR consultants, Peninsula*. Activities will include; recruitment, selection, induction, supervision, appraisals, training, staff development and policies and & procedures for staff, volunteers, sessional workers and year out placements.
· Oversight and coordination of Risk Management, Safeguarding, GDPR and Data Protection. Also acting as the Safeguarding Lead, Data Protection Officer and ensuring compliance with GDPR.
· Coordinating adherence to health and safety measures across the organisation including risk assessments of projects, events and programmes.
· Consult with the Finance Manager and departmental heads, secure sufficient grant funding, create reporting mechanisms and manage the associated budget.
· Manage Junction 42’s contracts and reporting to partners according to contractual schedules
· Develop and maintain Junction 42’s current Church and individual donor strategy.
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all current grant funders, contractual partners and individual donors, producing impact and reports as necessary.
· Interpret accounts and other information provided by the Finance Manger to produce reports for the Director, Board of Trustees, departmental heads and other stakeholders.
· Plan and develop a strategic schedule of Junction 42 activities within the calendar year, including the promotion of the charity, staff development, recruitment, training of volunteers and engagement with partners.
· Responsible for setup and ongoing support of any new Junction 42 office. The current Junction 42 offices are in Newcastle, Teesside and Edinburgh.
· Assessment and management of operational contracts such as insurance, phones, printers, software licenses etc.
· Responsible for co-ordinating internal organisation communications.
· Undertake any other tasks or duties that may be reasonably required.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence the following experience and attributes:
· Previously led teams of people, with a minimum of three years’ vocational experience at management level or higher.
· Proven track record of turning strategic plans into reality.
· Experience of monitoring and evaluating projects.
· Experience in HR, Data Protection, Safeguarding and GDPR.
· Financial acumen including budgeting reporting, cost-control and fundraising principles.
· Experience in writing and managing risk assessments.
· Experience in rolling out new policy and procedures.
· A relevant degree and/or postgraduate qualification would be advantageous, or higher-level vocationally based qualifications.
· Experience with Excel, Word & Outlook.
· Must be able to drive with a valid UK license.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to identify and assess organisational risks.
· Able to manage self, including balancing conflicting priorities.
· Used to setting ambitious goals and thrives on challenging assignments.
· Have strong interpersonal skills, being able to work and contribute as part of a team.
· Know-how regarding dynamics of organisational culture, and known for encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· IT competency and ability to quickly learn and work with new software and tools.
· Sensitive to the limitations of protective systems and alert to the potential risks that may arise in the Criminal Justice System.
· This post has been identified as having a GOR to be filled by an active Christian under the provisions of the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003 (Section 7.2).
· Both appreciates and models the core principles and values of the organisation (showing personal commitment to a life of Christian faith).
· Conveys maturity, confidence and credibility to other professionals.
· Identifies with the ethos and mission of Junction 42.
This post has the following special circumstances:
· For safeguarding reasons, the candidate will be screened through an Enhanced DBS check.
· The post holder will be expected to attend all Junction 42 training, team days and conferences as requested by the Director.
Any information acquired in the course of duty must be treated in strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
This job description is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
*Peninsula are a HR Consultancy service who we have a contract with to seek HR advice when needed
West Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Humberside
Annually | Full-time
Hove, South East
Hourly | Part-time
Rutland, East Midlands
Annually | Full-time
Cuffley, East of England