MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESOn-Air presentation
- Deliver Premier Drive strand as its core presenter; including outside broadcasts and involvement in station wide campaigns.
- Engage with listeners on-air and online, as part of the show format, including daily live phone-ins.
- Able to deputise or voice track for other parts of Premier Christian Radio output.
- Preferable to have journalist skills and a background in speech radio
- Script, edit and support Premier Drive production team to book guests and develop features for the show.
- Plan editorial approach for each on-air discussion including researching and agreeing angles with Station Director and, where necessary other editors, including Group Head of News
- Record and edit interviews, offering best clips and headlines to other editors.
- Support the booking of guests and vetting of scripts where required.
- Update show contact list of relevant contributors.
- Plan and prepare digital and social media content relevant to the show and other station priorities.
- Attend various meetings as applicable including daily editorial; weekly meetings with line manager, and month station-wide gatherings.
- To ensure that Premier’s commitment to quality and equality in both dealing with members of staff and the general public is delivered at all times.
- To ensure that Company’s health & safety & data protection policies are adhered and practiced at all times.
- The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring programmes are compliant with Ofcom and Premier’s own editorial guidelines.
- This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent radio and TV presentation skills.
- Knowledge of radio editing packages/systems.
- Experience in radio or media environment.
- Understanding of the Church and faith related issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other regularly used applications.
- Excellent team working skills.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and public speaking.
- Good broadcasting voice.
- Excellent negotiation skills combined with flexibility.
- Proven administration, multi-tasking, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure & good time keeping.
- Post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations, Christian Ministries and Christian listeners, for most of the time; therefore, it will be necessary for the post-holder to be a Christian.
- Well-presented and dedicated.
- Enthusiastic, bubbly, creative and an all-rounder.
LOCATION: London (SW1P)
HOURS OF WORK: 11:00am – 19:00pm
SALARY: £25,000pa - £30,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
REPORTING TO: Station Director, Premier Christian Radio
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
To apply for this role, please click here
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.