Available until: 16th Dec 2019
To enable people to put their faith at the heart of daily life and to bring Christ to their communities.
JOB TITLE: Project Financial Accountant
LOCATION: London (SW1)
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time: 35 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Head of Finance
SALARY: £38,000pa - £45,000pa depending on skills and experience
CLOSING DATE: 16th December
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate accounting function. To contribute to the successful operation of the Finance department by being responsible for the provision of high quality, timely financial project information to its business units and provide cover for other financial functions within the team.
• Produce monthly project reports with variances, principally but not exclusively for our Leap of Faith project, by the sixth working day of the month. This includes both P&L and cash basis.
• Responsibility for monthly reports on pledges secured and cash received.
• Responsibility for reporting on restricted funds and reallocation of associated staff and overhead costs for both restricted funds and other projects.
• Liaising with the Head of Finance to ensure the correct and timely input to the monthly management accounts.
• To support accurate coding of income & expenditure and assist in developing the understanding of financial reports by project budget holders and other users.
• Maintenance of project related financial records.
• Confer with Fundraising regarding unpaid pledges.
• Create project accounts in the accounting system.
• Maintain the fixed asset register and process monthly depreciation.
• Credit card reconciliation and posting
• Providing cover for various monthly processes such as payroll, VAT, reconciliations etc..
• Support the Head of Finance in any other finance related worked as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• CCAB qualified accountant.
• Proven experience of project accounts and reporting including restricted funds.
• Experience of importing & reconciliation to external databases.
• Experience of Exchequer accounting systems
ABILITIES & SKILLS
• Excellent project accounting skill with 3 years experience of project accounting.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting systems, in particular Exchequer
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritise.
• Ability to identify improvements to systems and processes and to implement changes to them.
• Good inter-personal skills and a team player
• Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and flexibility to handle multiple demands in a busy office and working to strict deadlines.
• High level of commitment and dedication.
• Committed to continuous professional development.
• The post-holder will work in a Christian environment. Therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims.
Due to the number of application we received we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this role, please click here.
Lancaster, North West
Annually | Full-time
Bromley & Bexley, London
Annually | Part-time
Annually | Full-time
Hourly | Part-time