Available until: 4th Aug 2020
To be responsible for the finances and accounts of Junction 42, working alongside the Finance Administrator and being responsible to the Business Manager.
* Although a full salary is guaranteed, each member of staff at Junction 42 has a financial target that they commit to raise for their role through personal donors from their faith communities. This is to sustain the missional aspect of our work. In some organisations, this is known as personal support.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To oversee the financial administration of the charity
• Operation of Sage 50 to run payroll, budget projection and bank reconciliation
• To prepare end of year accounts for external examination
• Monthly administration of payroll, pensions and expenses
• Monthly administration of the charity bank account
• To produce financial reports for departmental spending and strategic planning
• To prepare bi-monthly reviews for trustees’ meetings
• To advise management board for strategic financial decision making
• To oversee financial contractual delivery
• To be responsible for credit control
• To proactively evaluate Junction 42 financial processes and overall effectiveness with a view to operational adjustments where necessary
• To implement new financial systems and tooling identified by a Business Consultancy and in communication with the Business Development Manager
• To be responsible for Charities Commission, Companies House and OSCR submissions
• To partake actively as a Junction 42 team member, attending all meetings, training and events as directed by line manager
• Any other duties as agreed with line manager
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in managing financial accounts and payroll
• Experience of using Sage software
• Ability to prepare accounts to a suitable standard for external auditing
• The ability to offer a strategic oversight
• Organisational and IT skills relevant to the post
• Excellent eye for detail
• The ability to work and contribute as part of a team
• Good interpersonal skills
Desirable but not essential:
• Relevant qualification in accountancy
· This post has been identified as having a GOR to be filled by an active Christian under the provisions of the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003 (Section 7.2).
· Both appreciates and models the core principles and values of the organisation (showing personal commitment to a life of Christian faith).
· Conveys maturity, confidence and credibility to other professionals.
· Identifies with the ethos and mission of Junction 42.
This post has the following special circumstances:
· The post holder will be expected to attend all Junction 42 training, team days and conferences as requested by the Director.
Any information relating to people contacted by the Junction 42 acquired in the course of duty must be treated in strictest confidence and must be discussed only within the confines of the work setting with the appropriate members of staff.
Any information relating to staff acquired in the course of duty must be treated in the strictest confidence and must be discussed only with senior staff members or with the line manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future organisational changes.
Annually | Full-time
Reading, South Central
Annually | Full-time