Book-keeping - working with the support of admin office to ensure that book keeping is kept up to date through receipts, filing, and managing our accounting system.
Invoicing - ensuring that outgoing invoices are issued and paid, and that invoices issued to us are paid within the terms of agreements.
Giving - communicating with givers to provide giving statements and financial updates as required. Help new members of the congregation to set up one-off and regular giving. Maintaining the church giving database (ChurchApp), including address details and gift aid management.
Gift Aid - managing gift aid declaration forms, and our process with collections and different payment systems, to ensure that the church is compliant with Gift Aid legislation and optimizing Gift Aid claim throughout the organisation. Work with the HMRC to regularly submit GiftAid claims for donations at least monthly.
Payroll - manage our payroll to ensure that salaries, tax, NI and pensions are correctly processed.
Financial reporting - providing regular updates of balance sheet, income, and expenditure for the church management team and trustees.
Strategic planning - developing a system for ongoing cashflow planning of the organization, including annual budget setting and planning, advising on significant items of expenditure, or for longer-term strategic decisions of the organisation.
Annual reporting - working with our external accountants and independent auditors to produce annual reports filed with Charities Commission, and Companies House as required.
Financial management - Assist ministry & team leads in managing expenditure and help to provide information and support.
Systems and processes - maintain and develop improved systems and processes for ongoing financial management, including expense management, month-end and year-end reporting, and communication with givers.
Education / Work Experience Requirements
- BSc Degree
- 5+ Experience in financial management
- Preference will be given to candidates qualified or training in recognized accounting qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results s to management.
- Should have an excellent knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Excel, database systems and use of the Internet.
- Highly numerate with experience of analysing and presenting financial data.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to develop systems and processes, and communicate complex financial situations to a diverse team environment
- Charity & Donor management.
- Knowledge of Church practices.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must have a heart for the ministry of The Liberty Church and the people of this church family.
- Must demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance.
- Must be or willing to become a member of The Liberty Church (TLC) who supports the vision and values of TLC.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, using time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
Salary up to £40,000+ depending on experience. Open to negotiation.
To apply for this job please email: Recruitment@thelibertychurchlondon.com
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Staff may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.