MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process all Purchase Orders raised by Departments through the electronic authorisation system.
- Match supplier invoices to POs and process for payment ensuring they have been appropriately authorised.
- Process expense forms and other requests for payments, ensuring that data is accurate and coding is correct.
- Process BACS, payment runs and raise cheques and foreign transfers as necessary.
- Support budget holders with any queries, in particular with entering purchase orders and follow up supplier payment.
- Review unapproved invoices and unmatched POs periodically, and ensure that these are dealt with.
- Process credit card expenditure and reconcile to the month card statement. Chase payments where no invoice has been authorised & posted. Review card statement daily.
- Review supplier statements and answer queries from suppliers.
- Manage petty cash directly ensuring that procedures are followed.
- Reconcile income and expenditure figures to the bank statements on a daily basis and post additional transactions where necessary.
- Be the first port of call for users of the finance function and provide support as necessary.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the Finance Team in any other finance related worked required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 1.5-3 years accounts experience in sales and purchase ledger areas in a medium-sized commercial environment (E)
- Quick and accurate in processing transactions (E)
- Experience of working with purchase orders(E)
- Experience of bank reconciliations(E)
- Accounts qualification (AAT, ACCA) (D)
- Knowledge and experience of interfacing with other database systems and reconciling information to financial information (D)
- Experience of using Exchequer accounts (D)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Good oral & written communications skills with suppliers (E)
- Excellent Excel skills (e.g. vlookup, sort, filter) (D)
- Ability to process transactions right first time – good attention to detail (E)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, good time management and self-starter (E)
- Able to work in a changing cashflow environment and answer supplier payment queries in a polite and professional manner without compromising on integrity.(E)
- Good reconciliation skills (D)
- High level of commitment and dedication.
- Committed to continuous professional development
- An eagerness to make a positive contribution and instigate changes and improvement to the status quo
- Flexible attitude to work and a team
- Comfortable working in a diverse workplace.
HOURS OF WORK: 9.15am – 5.15pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
SALARY: £23,000-£25,000pa depending on skills and experience
Closing Date: 21st July 2018
To apply for this role, click here