Available until: 18th Jan 2019
Inspire Saint James Clerkenwell is a Reformed, Evangelical, Church of England church in a diverse area in central London with the vision to be a united and diverse gospel community inspiring London with the good news of Jesus Christ.
The church in its current form came about when the church plant Inspire London joined with the parish church of Saint James Clerkenwell to become one church with two congregations at 11am and 4pm. Inspire’s two ministers in charge Rev. Pete Nicholas and Rev. Mark Jackson took on the leadership of the parish church in January 2018. The church is growing with about 250 adults and 50 children across the church family. The church is very active both in ministry initiatives to the local area and also church usage with the highest footfall of any church in the Islington deanery.
The church manager role is to support and enable the ministry of Inspire Saint James by overseeing staff operations and the church building:
- Overseeing operational and administrative functions within the staff team
- Overseeing the rental business of the church ‘The Crypt on the Green’ which currently generates approx. £230k p.a. as a key component of the church’s financial model. This includes line-managing an Events Coordinator and Bookings Manager
- The upkeep and maintenance of the ‘marquee’ Grade II* church building including, making grant applications and implementing works (currently including solar panel installation, insulation in the church roof, and a new AV system)
- Project manage an upcoming, ambitious ‘Access Project’ to install a lift and internal stairwell into the 1792 building
- Being a key component of helping Inspire Saint James transition into a resource church seeking to reach not just the local area but to be part of inspiring London with the gospel
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the applicant is a Christian who holds to the Biblical and Reformed faith as outlined in the 39 articles of the Church of England. In addition it is important to be committed to the vision of Inspire Saint James Clerkenwell (provided above) and the three values of Biblical Preaching, Engaging the Heart, and Cultural Connection.
The character and godliness of applicants is of key importance (1 Timothy 3:8-13) and applicants will need to be able to talk about their personal relationship with Jesus Christ and how his grace is at work in their lives helping them to change.
Due to the diverse nature of the role a compelling application may have a number of different skill sets and experiences underpinning it but strong applicants will most likely have considerable experience in either of finance, management or both. This position will reward someone who is a proven self-starter, has emotional intelligence and thrives working in a team, can cope with multiple demands at one time where prioritisation, good decision making and effective collaboration and delegation are essential.
● Business experience of developing and implementing strategies and executing plans to deliver them (Essential)
● Creating effective teams, including line managing other people and delegating effectively (Essential)
● Significant project management experience (Essential)
● Change management, particularly refining processes and comfortable working with IT systems (Essential)
● Ensuring good governance and implementing and refining policies and governance processes (Essential)
● Writing, implementing and monitoring budgets (Desirable)
● Grant applications and fundraising (Desirable)
● Godly ambition and a level of comfort with change for the sake of the organisation’s vision (Essential)
● Strong interpersonal skills including how to line manage and effectively appraise employees (Essential)
● Open to personal change, feedback and professional development (Essential)
● Issue based problem solving skills and an ability to analyse and break a problem down into its constituent parts (Essential)
● Able to work well with multiple competing demands both on you and your team (Essential)
● Care and due process in decision making to ensure appropriate governance, buy in and authorisation (Essential)
● A good communicator, verbally and in writing; able to chair meetings and give presentations to groups (Essential)
● Comfortable with managing and analysing data and basic financial statements (Essential)
● MBA or equivalent stage of professional training (Desirable)
Salary: £30-£35k subject to experience
Annual Leave: 22 days plus bank holidays
Applications: Covering letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Inspire Saint James Clerkenwell, Clerkenwell Close - London, EC1R 0EA.
For further questions please ring 02072511190.
Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Humberside
Hourly | Contract
Loughton, East of England
Annually | Permanent
Lutterworth, East Midlands