PURPOSE OF ROLE
Support the development and delivery of Premier’s major donor programme and wider fundraising objectives by offering administrative support to the Key Relationships Director, Regional Director North of England & Scotland, and the Director of Fundraising (as required) to ensure Premier can continue to prospect and cultivate new support, steward & recognise existing supporters, and grow the major donor programme across the UK.
Drive the delivery of a programme of select fundraising events across the UK as we seek to engage major donors with the work of the ministry.
Be an effective ambassador for Premier with donors and other partners.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide full administrative support to include major donor communications (mail and email), donor record management and updates, diary management, taking and circulating meeting notes, making travel & accommodation bookings, raising purchase orders and processing expense claims.
- Drive the delivery of a UK wide effective major donor events programme including oversight of all event logistics, the research and booking of suitable venues for events and liaison with speakers. Handle all aspects of guest list management.
- Support the work of the North Of England & Scotland centre by working with the Director to arrange small donor gatherings in supporter hotspots outside London & SE, liaising directly with donors and prospects on timings and venues.
- Send out literature and engagement packs to donors and prospects and manage donor communications as directed, including monthly newsletters, gift acknowledgement letters etc.
- Inbound and outbound phone calls to donors as required ensuring the highest level of donor experience and care.
- Assist with maintaining the fundraising database, ensuring accuracy and consistency across the records.
- Maintain up-to-date filing systems, both manual and electronic as appropriate
- Undertake donor prospect research as required.
- Manage the major donor programme stationery & fundraising literature ordering and stock levels.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements at any time after discussion with the post holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Administration qualifications
- Experience/understanding of the broad diversity of the Christian churches
- Holding a full clean UK driving licence.
- Experience of using Raisers Edge
- Mail merge and mailing list management
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience of event management
- IT literacy in main set of Microsoft programmes
- Experience in an administrative or project management role
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Team player
- The job will involve attending meetings and events outside of normal working hours from time to time, therefore the successful applicant will need to be flexible
- A lively, flexible, friendly personality with a high level of commitment and dedication
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident in decision making and creative problem solving
- Ability to work in a busy, high pressured environment
The post-holder will abide by the organisational Health & Safety and Equal Opportunity Policy at all times.
HOURS OF WORK: 9.15am – 5.15pm 3 days per week (21 hours) Core days Mondays and Tuesdays
REPORTING TO: Key Relationships Director and Regional Director North of England & Scotland
SALARY: £28,000-£30,000pa pro-rata (depending on skills and experience)
CLOSING DATE: 30th March
To download the job description, click here.
To apply for this role please click here.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.